Jul 8, 2011

I got tagged !!

I didn't know what tagging in the blog-sphere was, until this cute dynamite tagged me.
So here it goes........
  1. Without sharing your name, who are you?
Quite an ordinary girl with some extraordinary dreams.
Born in Dubai,Grew in Kerala,
Got hardened in Hyderabad, and softened back in Bangalore.
Learned from everywhere, and squandered it all over.
A quirky nut case ( atleast I would like to believe so) ,
A Patronus charm ( atleast some say so)
Hates being compelled or confined.
Loves being pampered and petted.
By training a dumb noetic, by practice a daring dreamer
and by experience a deadly doofus.
( du-uh!!..... so? I love alliterations)
  1. Describe yourself in less than five words.
Refer to about me!
  1. Do you have any special talents? What?
I think I have too many to chose from.
But lately I discovered I have a special talent to motivate people. (One friend thinks Im an incurable optimist .Not called a Patronus charm for nothing , you see? Another wants me to be his therapist, and yet another is seriously considering me for a full time job of a motivator, at the agency he works.)
  1. Are there any talents you wish you had? What?
Yup, I wish I could do astral travel . Or even Transfiguration
  1. What are your most important interests? What do you like about them?
Music - feeds my soul
Books - my best companion
Travel - everytime I travel , I read another page of the from the book called ' world' and its astonishing.
Food - lets quote a friend here and say “palatal orgasm”
Flowers Beauty , that spreads fragrance and happiness to everyone around
Babies - frolicking cheerful babies make my day
All the above are equally capable of transforming me into a different being
  1. What is your opinion of Lady Gaga?
A twisted genius.
  1. If you could go anywhere right this second, where would you go?
Jammu, I miss my friend Shringeri ( Shingi, I wanna visit Vaishno devi, celebrate Lohri, learn Dogri and see all of Jammu with you)
  1. What are your favorite foods for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?
Favourite is the question :
I would love some Warm waffles with maple syrup or Banana pancakes or sweet porridge with honey or toast and sausages for Breakfast ( Told ya I was a dreamer!!! I try and manage with some wheat flakes and warm milk  for now)

For lunch: I wouldnt mind some honey fried potatoes, methi malai matar and dal palak with roti/ rice .
( But I get decent mini meals at poornima restaurant … not too bad actually. )

For dinner: Tossed Salad with french dressing, schnitzel steak with mushroom sauce, and mashed potatoes. 
( Otherwise I cook every night with the limited facilities I have in my PG and try and admire the food Im eating)
  1. Do you have siblings? Talk about them; if not, talk about being an only child.
I have an elder sister, whose physical, spiritual, mental and cultural attributes are exactly opposite to that of mine.
She's a Phd scholar( quite proud of her that way) and lives in Baroda, married to a really sweet scientist who is doing his post doctoral research in Japan. 
She is a lot more on the fuller side with a long nose and long hair. More rooted in her culture, and has less troubles with her conscience.
  1. Do you like sports? What teams do you support?
Not really. I enjoy figure skating and rhythmic gymnastics more than any other sport. And if I had to choose I would have chosen tennis ( I loved Pete Sampras, now I adore Roger Federer)
But maybe just for this friend's sake, I would say I like Football and I root for Liverpool. :P
  1. Do you have any tattoos? If not, would you ever get one?
No I dont .  I have more than enough black moles to make up for it :P
  1. Have you ever donated blood? Why or why not?
No. Im not even sure what my blood group is. ( being born to a lab technician, thats quite a shame!!)
  1. How do you like your coffee and/or tea?
Tea: Black, with clove, ginger, Tulsi leaves crushed and a drop of lemon in it and of course heaps of sugar.
Coffee: Strong decoction , with cream and sugar.
  1. Are you left- or right-handed?
Right-handed , but I wanna be ambidextrous :)
  1. If you’re in college, what are you studying? If not, what did/what are you planning to study?
Out of college Studied mass communication with Spaceman Spiff here who tagged me.
But I would like to study Natural History film making at Salford University/ Otago Univeristy some day soon. ( wasnt too bad at science communication and video production when I was at the university)
  1. What are some of your short-term goals?
I have a list of 12 books, which I aim to finish reading by this year end.
Buy a camera . Cant afford to miss any more moments.
Hit 52 kg, which I think should be my ideal weight :P
  1. What kind of music do you like?
Sufi gives me access to heavens .Ghazals make falling in love irresistible.
Country and folk fills me with joy
Classical transcends me into a different world, fascinating yet intimidating
I very much enjoy Bollywood, Pop, Lounge, Soft rock, and sometimes metal and psychedellic trance too.
  1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Any place where I can built my dream home. Preferably some place where I can get a view of the mountains from my bedroom balcony and watch the brook flowing from the kitchen. I can only think of Ireland now. More about which you can find here.
  1. Have you ever been overseas? Where and when?
Was born overseas. Dubai, U A E. Lived in Karama till I was 10 yrs old.
  1. Have you ever been to the circus? What did you think at the time?
Yes. I was quite tiny then. But I thought the animals were really stinky. And the clown was lame.
But I was terrified by the magician and the trapeze artists.
  1. Are you wearing shoes right now? If so, describe them. If not, describe your socks/feet.
None of the above. I am wearing Grey leg warmers.
  1. List some things you’d like to do before you die.
  • Carry a Koala on my hip and feed it with my hands.
  • Kiss a Dolphin
  • Ride a Bullock Cart
  • Drink Bamboo beer at Siliguri
  • Visit the Tiger temple in Tibet
  • Wish upon a comet
  • Learn to play the Kora
This list never ends.........
  1. What do you prefer to write with; pencil, pen, crayon, Sharpie, lipstick, chalk, etc?
Pencil anytime.!!
But lately I have also been wanting to write with an ink pen . I miss those Hero pens I had used in my junior classes to write copy. The whole idea of filling ink in the pen from the round bottle, makes me wanna grab a fresh parchment and scribble down …....” How do I love thee...............
  1. Do you like movies? What are your favorites?
Im a movie buff.
From world cinema to animation , I like all kinds for different reasons.
For a very outdated and short list of movies, you can view my profile.
  1. Do you like chocolate? What’s your favorite kind? If not, WHY.
I get high on the cakes which you get to dip in the chocolate fountain.
Apart from that. Twix ( reminds me of my Dad), Quality street ( good old DUBAI days)
Snickers ( breaks with Arun at Iridium, Hyderabad). Bounty ( me and my sis used to fight over it)
But if I would like to be a choclate , I would be Ferrerro Rocher. Soft and silky delicious in the inside and crisp and nutty on the outside. :)
I hope I did well on my first tag. 




4 comments:

  1. 23/25. Minus 2 for calling me a dynamite. Plus one for prefix-ing it with cute. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Spaceman spiff : AHA!I should get + 3 for that!!..:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, you got it too!!:) Nice answers..

    Banana pancakes, yUUMMMAaaay..

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Priyanka : Thankyou miss chocoholic!.

    Your writing is mind-blowing too. :)

    ReplyDelete